Spring is beautiful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for fresh air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Ravenna and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a huge benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your energy expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other things to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and change the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 330-236-4793 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right fit for your home. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.