It’s frosty out there. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.