How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many fumes that could be within your Ravenna house. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-236-4793 today to start protecting your house against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not something to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you aren’t able to observe it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in little amounts and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can filter into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a house, carbon monoxide could become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it requires five hours to take it out of your system. It will take an extra five hours to reduce that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses

The gas may also mimic illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some precautions you can do to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every house with at least one gas heater, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a sensor on every level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your home?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-236-4793 to get one. Ask our techs about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, regularly check or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system goes off, exit your house immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Family with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your home can be protected from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-236-4793 to learn more.