Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Ravenna, you could be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few points to think over, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even qualify for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 330-236-4793 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.