When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first consider continuing the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets expensive soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.