Your HVAC equipment is essential to a sense of comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to maintain a constant source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually develop slowly. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and take care of small problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.