Carbon monoxide connects with red blood cells, stealing oxygen from your body it requires to survive. It mixes with these cells more than 200 times more effortlessly than oxygen, resulting in a condition known as carboxyhemoglobin saturation.
Carbon monoxide, instead of oxygen, then gets brought to the critical organs by the bloodstream. To put it simply, carbon monoxide deprives your body of oxygen. Organs have to have oxygen; when they lack it, they begin to suffocate.
It takes your body a long time to get rid of carbon monoxide; however, it can be taken in much more rapidly.