Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Ravenna.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.